Sunday, June 10, 2012

I need this

I don't know where this came from.  I need it.  There's really nothing to say that the picture itself doesn't say itself.  One point to make though, or question to ask is how in the hell was this not more popular?  I'd never even seen one before.  You understand that we'd be listening to the next generation of Earth, Wind and Fire instead of garbage hip hop if these were marketed better right?  If every household had one of these and some white Lakeside tapes or even Chaka Khan or something more bland like Hall and Oates, then my generation would be wall to wall virtuosos.

So, in essence, I blame Casio shirking their responsibility to get this thing to the masses for modern music.  It may seem like a long leap in logic, but the only conclusion to draw is that Casio hates music.  If a doctor cured cancer and didn't shout from the rooftops that he did that would mean that he hated people right?  Like he's into science so he figured out the cure, but is really not concerned with the positive results.  Same thing here.  Casio was big in the eighties, which is the time period from which this thing came, I'm guessing.  They had a bunch of engineers coming up with cool stuff, but the boss was sitting all high and mighty with his cigar on the top floor of Casio tower laughing maniacally and denying funding for the marketing campaign.  It's really heartless if you think about it.

The world would be a better place if they'd have just run an add during commercials for St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues.  Maybe Dallas and V too.  It seems cruel to me now.  I'm seeing a lot of potential here for a piano learning device too.  Remember typing class?  "Q-now, A-now, Z-now...".  I think we could have made some tapes to really spruce up the music world.  "A raised five flat nine-now."  Oh well.  I'll tell you one thing.  I would one hundred percent play this thing.  I have a professional stage piano and a MacBookPro and I would turn to this Casio CK-200 or whatever it is in a heartbeat.  Then after a minute I'd probably jump ship, but in a pinch it'd work for a bit. 

No comments: