Monday, July 4, 2011

The side of the road

*This may or may not have actually happened

So, after a party I recently attended, I was giving a few friends a ride.  The initial plan was to drop these friends at a bar and perhaps pick them up later.  When I drove a two person car, this could not have been done.  It would seem that I was better off when I drove a two person car.

One of the friends decided they didn't want to go to the bar after all.  The person who could have otherwise driven them home was either indisposed or not picking up their phone for other reasons.  I offered to drive them home, which happens to be literally over a river and through some woods and up some hills...

My newly acquired car, a Honda was ill-prepared for the hills.  After a comically short effort from the car, my head gasket ruptured and we were on the side of the road.  Hazard lights.  Frustration.  Profanities.  A few small bottles of Vodka.  Well, the vodka wasn't for me, but my friend had no qualms with drinking it.  And he already had plenty.

It was two am, we were on the side of the road, I had a suspended license, my buddy was drunk and may or may not have had a pistol on him.  And the tow truck took an hour and a half.  That's a lot of exposure for two guys who would immediately be dead meat at the first sign of any law from parking attendant to CHP.

Long story short is I ditched a V8 for a Honda with a four hoping for economy and reliability.  I'm now in way over my head trying to take an engine apart that may as well be Japanese.  Get it?


And we may or may not have been on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck and trying to fire his gun which wouldn't fire and a I may or may not have said, "at least we didn't have to shoot anyone..." and laughed hysterically.  And I may or may not have dodged a groin shot from my compatriot and nearly gotten in a drag down fight and fallen down the side of the hill...Good times.

No comments: